Friday, December 20, 2013

Alliteration Poetry Fun

While reading Beezus and Ramona, we learned about alliteration with a poem. Alliteration is when a writer repeats the consonant sound at the beginning of a word.  After reading the poem Bleezer's Ice Cream by Jack Prelutsky, we came up with our own flavors of ice cream using alliteration.  The following is an excerpt from the poem using a few of our flavors. 

I run BLEEZER’S ICE CREAM
STORE,
There are flavors in my freezer
you have never seen before,
twenty-eight divine creations
too delicious to resist,
why not do yourself a favor,
try the flavors on my list:
Cotton Candy Carrot Pie
Strawberry Spaghetti Sauce
Pickled Peppermint Plum
Cherry Chop Coconut
I am Ebenezer Bleezer,
I run BLEEZER’S ICE CREAM
STORE,
Taste a flavor from my freezer,
you will surely ask for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment